Day 1: Arusha-Tarangire
7am pickup from Arusha and drives to Tarangire National Park
The drive time will be approx 2 hours. Enjoy the animals!
Overnight at the Lodge
Lunch and dinner provided. 2 small bottles of water (500ml) per person are also provided.
Tarangire National Park is almost 3000 sq km in size and is probably best known for its huge numbers of elephants and baobab trees. The name of the park comes from the Tarangire River which crosses through the park. Tarangire is especially spectacular during the dry season (June – November) as wildlife concentrations rival that of the Serengeti (since enormous populations of elephants and other animals are drawn to the Tarangire River as their only source of water). With its varied habitats and permanent water in the Tarangire River the park is home to over 2000 elephants and 500 bird species.
Day 4: Ngorongoro crater -Arusha
With picnic lunches descend into the Ngorongoro Crater for a crater tour.
After lunch start the 3 ½ hour drive back to Arusha so as to arrive back by 5pm.
Breakfast and lunch provided. 2 small bottles of water (500ml) per person are also provided
Often called the eighth natural wonder of the world, the Ngorongoro Crater is the largest intact crater in the world. About 2 million years ago the Ngorongoro volcano erupted, and its walls collapsed. The volcano floor sank to create a natural enclosure with its 600m tall walls. Now, at over 19 kilometres wide, Ngorongoro Crater is filled with great areas of acacia forest, hippo filled swamps and open grasslands. These different habitats contain over 30,000 animals – including elephants, warthogs, flamingoes, magnificent birdlife, the rare black rhinoceros and all the predatory cats. The Maasai can also be seen grazing their cattle alongside the buffalo and wildebeest.
This safari package includes:
- Transportation in a safari specific vehicle
- A professional English speaking driver/guide
- Park entry fees
- 2 small bottles of drinking water (500ml) per person per day
- Meals as per the itinerary
This safari package does not include:
- International flights and visa fees
- Personal Travel/Baggage Insurance
- Drinks outside the 2 bottles of drinking water mentioned above
- Tips for the driver guide and any porters at the lodges
- Unexpected increases in National Park/Lodge Fees by the relevant authorities
- Bank Fee/charges in sending your money to Tanzania and getting USD cash out in Tanzania